Spring Organizing Tips for your Closet
Most of us, when spring comes, we want to organize everything in sight.
Maybe because the sun is out and we have more energy now than in the winter.
As the temperature is getting higher this time of season, it is very important to declutter and organize the closets for the new season.
Here are some basic rules to help you deal with that.
1. Start with a clean slate!
Remove clothes, shoes and other items. Dust all shelves and bars then vacuum or mop the floor.
2. Go through your garments and set aside any out-of-season wear.
Before storing winter clothes, put aside anything you didn’t wear this season to donate to a second-hand shop or charity.
3. While your closet is empty, visualize how you’d like the space to look and function.
Could you use more shelving? Do you need hooks on the door for scarves and other accessories? If so, now’s the time to install them.
4. Make sure all of your hangers are the same size and shape.
Mismatched hangers take up unnecessary space and detract from an organized appearance.
5. Group like items together.
Hang skirts by skirts and pants by pants to streamline search.
It may also encourage creative new outfit combinations.